Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 27, 2011

     Great way to end a wonderful holiday weekend!  I did my four mile training run today and ran it in 50 minutes.  Best part of the run was that my husband did it with me.  I felt great during the run and know I could have gone longer.  I am apprehensive about next weeks 8.5 miler.....that is intimidating.  I know I can do it, and smile while I am doing it, but how will my legs feel? 


     On another not I had a thought today and was wondering if someone could answer it for me.  When you get your time at the end of a run, is it your time, or the time for the start of the race?  In running the turkey trot this Thanksgiving I was not at the front of the pack out of the gate, and there were probably at least 100 that started before me....so whose time is it anyway, and what is the actual difference in when they started and when I started?  I know an odd question but I was wondering it and just thought I would ask.


      So the count to the big day is 88 days!  I am so excited and know that I have a lot more training to do, but I am feeling confident and ready to conquer!  


     I am thinking I didn't hydrate enough today.  I have a little headache and am feeling parched.  What are the other secrets out there?  Please share as I need to start tucking tidbits of knowledge away.


    Have a great week everyone!  With faith, trust, and pixie dust we can do anything!

1 comment:

  1. Usually the time on the clock above the finish line is from when the race officially started. Was it a timed race? If you had a timing chip, then on the results page will usually be the "gun" time (time from when the race started) and your "chip" time (time from when you crossed the start mat. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete