Saturday, November 19, 2011

November19,2011

Happy Birthday to the Wonderful Woman that gave birth to me!! I Love You Mom! It's been a few days since I wrote. I didn't train on Wednesday evening and then missed again on Thursday morning. I thought it would be hard Friday morning to run but actually it was great. I was in Chapel Hill where both of my daughters attend UNC so my husband and I took advantage of different scenery and ran together. I love Chapel Hill but dislike the hills. I know they are good for me, they help my endurance, but they suck as you are running them. We ran 3 1/2 miles in 45 minutes with run/walk method. Overall I'm ok with that time since the hills were challenging. Today I got to talk with the person who has inspired me to even embark on this journey-Stacie. It was great to talk with her and have her encouragement and hear her speak about the past two years when she ran the race. I am very excited to be a part of this with her this year. Tomorrow is a new challenge for me. I am going to run a 10K. I know how committed I am (or rather maybe I should be committed) since I am running this by myself. I have to drive 1 hour to get there and the fact that I am willing to do this shows me that I have made it past the first hurdle. Now the second hurdle is to complete the race in a time that I am happy with. I will report back tomorrow evening if I make it home in one piece. :) Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment